Customer Service/Tax & Utility Billing
The Customer Service Office will be closed for training and holidays the following dates and times:
Monday, June 20, 2022
Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
Monday, July 4, 2022
Tuesday, July 19, 2022, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
Monday, September 5, 2022
Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Thursday, November 10, 2022, 12:00PM-4:30PM
Friday, November 11, 2022
Tuesday, November 22, 2022, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
Thursday, November 24, 2022
Friday, November 25, 2022
Friday, December 23, 2022
Monday, December 26, 2022
Customer Quick Links
Sign up for the following notifications:
- Swift911 - a system that makes phone calls to specific people or areas in the event of an emergency or for sharing important information. All the calls you receive will have the Caller ID of CITY OF MILFORD or CITY OF MILFORD POLICE DEPARTMENT.
- City of Milford News & Calendar Alerts - receive text messages and/or email notifications of city news and upcoming events, such as Council Meetings, festivals, etc.
- E-payment - pay your City of Milford utility bill online
- Utility Usage Alerts - view your electric and water usage as well as set alerts to notify you when you may have a leak
- Monthly Newsletter - monthly news, tips and calendar of events delivered to your inbox. Note: if you receive your utility bill electronically, no need to sign up as you're automatically enrolled
- Register to Vote - Any resident living within city limits and has registered to vote at that address at least 30 days prior to a municipal election through the State of Delaware is eligible to vote in any city election and/or referendum. Non-residents who own property deeded in their individual name are also eligible to vote in any city election and/or referendum if pre-registered at Milford City Hall 30 days prior to election. Applicants are required to present verification of identity and residence and/or proof of ownership of property. If you think you may be an eligible non-resident, please call the City Clerk’s Office at 302-422-1111, ext. 1300 or 1303 to register. Staff is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Customer Resources - local and state-wide assistance programs for housing, utility bills, and food.
Utility Bill Payment Options
To avoid service interruption, you may:
Pay In Person: Come to Customer Service at 119 South Walnut Street and use the drive-up window.
Pay By Drop Box: Place your payment in the drop box at City Hall, located at 201 South Walnut Street, however it is not recommended to place cash in the drop box.
Pay By Mail: Payments may be mailed to City of Milford, PO Box 159, Milford, DE 19963.
Pay Online: Follow the Online Bill Pay link to pay online. Customers must use the latest versions of Google Chrome or Firefox to pay online. If you need assistance setting up your online account, please call Customer Service at (302) 422-6616.
Setting up services is also be available at the drive-up window. For tenants, please have the signed lease, a photo ID, and method of payment for deposit ready. For new owners, you may email your settlement disclosure, a copy of your photo ID, and contact information to CustomerService@milford-de.gov. A Customer Service representative will be in contact with you to finalize account set up. You may also call (302) 422-6616 to expedite the set up.
Customer Utility Portal
City of Milford utility customers can access usage data in graphical and tabular formats, manage multiple accounts from a single sign-on, access utility billing history, set up budget notifications, and track usage via scheduled reports.
Please have your account number and meter number ready when logging in. After clicking register, look for a confirmation email. Please note it may take up to 48 hours for usage to appear.
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at (302) 422-6616.