The City Clerk is appointed by the City Council and provides a number of services including:
- Certifying and distributing ordinances, resolutions, and codes
- Conducting municipal elections
- Ensuring completion of directed actions
- Keeping a repository of contracts, agreements, and other legislative actions
- Keeping records
- Posting legal notices
- Providing notification of council, committee, subcommittee, ad hoc, and other applicable meetings
- Providing voter registration information
- Receiving claims and lawsuits
- As the FOIA Coordinator, responding to requests for public record information (FOIA Policy)
- Supplying an agenda packet of supporting documentation for each council meeting
- Supplying public information
Additional ResponsibilitiesThe City Clerk also acts as the custodian of the city seal, affixing it to all documents, records, contracts, and agreements. The clerk attests to the same by signature and is responsible for the maintenance and compliance of the Milford City Code.
The City of Milford is fortunate to have a number of special events throughout the year that add to the vitality and variety of our community. We welcome and encourage special events that are well-planned and help make Milford a great place to live and visit.
To that end, the City has created a special events application and permit package that is both a planning tool and an application. We encourage individuals or groups planning an event that will impact municipal services, public streets, and/or other public spaces to download the application and permit packet to learn more. Please send your completed packet to the City Clerk's office for review by the City. If after reading through the packet you still have questions or concerns, please contact the Clerk's office at 302.422.1111.
Coordination of events between DelDOT and the Clerk's office may be necessary if a DelDOT special event permit is required as well.
National Fire Protection Association Food Truck Safety Fact Sheet