It’s that time of the year to dust off the leaf blowers and rakes and tidy up the lawn!
Leaf collection will begin the week of November 6 and will continue through the week of January 15. Crews will collect leaves every other week through November and will then collect leaves on a weekly basis December through January.
Routes 1 & 3 (Tuesday/Thursday Customers): Leaf collection beginning the week of November 6.
Routes 2 & 4 (Wednesday/Friday Customers): Leaf collection beginning the week of November 13
- Leaves should be raked out to the curb or to the furthest point of the lawn by 7:00 a.m.. each Monday. Because there is only one crew collecting leaves, it may take all week to do the entire route. Please be patient.
- If you are concerned about leaves blowing, you may cover them with a tarp. Please do not bag them.
- Keep leaves away from any poles, trees or signs and please refrain from blowing or raking leaves into the street as they can clog drains and lead to flooding.
- Do not place leaves in bags for this seasonal collection.
- Please make sure that leaves are free of brush, glass, cans, rocks and other debris, as these items may cause injury to workers and damage to the collection equipment.
- See above schedule for route information. If you are not sure of which route you are in please go to www.cityofmilford.com/solidwaste or call Customer Service at 302-422-6616.