Customer Service/Tax & Utility Billing
The Customer Service Office will be closed for training and holidays the following dates and times:
Friday, December 31, 2021
Monday, January 17, 2022
Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
Monday, February 21, 2022
Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
Tuesday, March 22, 2022, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
Friday, April 15, 2022
Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
Tuesday, May 17, 2022, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
Monday, May 30, 2022
Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
Customer Quick Links
Sign up for the following notifications:
- Swift911 - a system that makes phone calls to specific people or areas in the event of an emergency or for sharing important information. All the calls you receive will have the Caller ID of CITY OF MILFORD or CITY OF MILFORD POLICE DEPARTMENT.
- City of Milford News & Calendar Alerts - receive text messages and/or email notifications of city news and upcoming events, such as Council Meetings, festivals, etc.
- E-payment - pay your City of Milford utility bill online
- Utility Usage Alerts - view your electric and water usage as well as set alerts to notify you when you may have a leak
- Monthly Newsletter - monthly news, tips and calendar of events delivered to your inbox. Note: if you receive your utility bill electronically, no need to sign up as you're automatically enrolled
- Register to Vote - Please note that having registered through the State of Delaware or Kent County or Sussex County Department of Elections does not qualify you to vote in a City of Milford election or referendum. To be eligible, you must have registered at Milford City Hall.
Utility Bill Payment Options
To avoid service interruption, you may:
Pay In Person: Come to Customer Service at 119 South Walnut Street and use the drive-up window.
Pay By Drop Box: Place your payment in the drop box at City Hall, located at 201 South Walnut Street, however it is not recommended to place cash in the drop box.
Pay By Mail: Payments may be mailed to City of Milford, PO Box 159, Milford, DE 19963.
Pay Online: Follow the Online Bill Pay link to pay online. If you need assistance setting up your online account, please call Customer Service at (302) 422-6616.
Setting up services is also be available at the drive-up window. For tenants, please have the signed lease, a photo ID, and method of payment for deposit ready. For new owners, you may email your settlement disclosure, a copy of your photo ID, and contact information to CustomerService@milford-de.gov. A Customer Service representative will be in contact with you to finalize account set up. You may also call (302) 422-6616 to expedite the set up.
Customer Utility Portal
City of Milford utility customers can access usage data in graphical and tabular formats, manage multiple accounts from a single sign-on, access utility billing history, set up budget notifications, and track usage via scheduled reports.
Please have your account number and meter number ready when logging in. After clicking register, look for a confirmation email. Please note it may take up to 48 hours for usage to appear.
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at (302) 422-6616.
The City of Milford partners with Efficiency Smart to help our residential and business customers save energy and money. From advice on products or projects to rebates and discounts on energy improvements, Efficiency Smart can help you from start to finish.
To learn more about how you or your business can begin taking advantage of these savings, visit Milford’s page on Efficiency Smart’s website at www.efficiencysmart.org/milford-delaware, or contact its customer support staff at 1-877-889-3777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.