Customer Service/Tax & Utility Billing
The Customer Service Office will be closed for training from 10:00 am - 11:00 am the following dates:
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Tuesday, November 16, 2021
Tuesday, December 21, 2021
Customer Quick Links
Sign up for the following notifications:
- Swift911 - a system that makes phone calls to specific people or areas in the event of an emergency or for sharing important information. All the calls you receive will have the Caller ID of CITY OF MILFORD or CITY OF MILFORD POLICE DEPARTMENT.
- City of Milford News & Calendar Alerts - receive text messages and/or email notifications of city news and upcoming events, such as Council Meetings, festivals, etc.
- E-payment - pay your City of Milford utility bill online
- Utility Usage Alerts - view your electric and water usage as well as set alerts to notify you when you may have a leak
- Monthly Newsletter - monthly news, tips and calendar of events delivered to your inbox. Note: if you receive your utility bill electronically, no need to sign up as you're automatically enrolled
- Register to Vote - Please note that having registered through the State of Delaware or Kent County or Sussex County Department of Elections does not qualify you to vote in a City of Milford election or referendum. To be eligible, you must have registered at Milford City Hall.
Utility Bill Payment Options
To avoid service interruption, you may:
Pay In Person: Come to Customer Service at 119 South Walnut Street and use the drive-up window.
Pay By Drop Box: Place your payment in the drop box at City Hall, located at 201 South Walnut Street, however it is not recommended to place cash in the drop box.
Pay By Mail: Payments may be mailed to City of Milford, PO Box 159, Milford, DE 19963.
Pay Online: Follow the Online Bill Pay link to pay online. If you need assistance setting up your online account, please call Customer Service at (302) 422-6616.
Setting up services is also be available at the drive-up window. For tenants, please have the signed lease, a photo ID, and method of payment for deposit ready. For new owners, you may email your settlement disclosure, a copy of your photo ID, and contact information to CustomerService@milford-de.gov. A Customer Service representative will be in contact with you to finalize account set up. You may also call (302) 422-6616 to expedite the set up.
Customer Utility Portal
City of Milford utility customers can access usage data in graphical and tabular formats, manage multiple accounts from a single sign-on, access utility billing history, set up budget notifications, and track usage via scheduled reports.
Please have your account number and meter number ready when logging in. After clicking register, look for a confirmation email. Please note it may take up to 48 hours for usage to appear.
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at (302) 422-6616.
Sidewalk invoices have been mailed for the 2020 sidewalk repairs. Prompt payment discount is available for invoices paid in full by March 15, 2020. Customers may choose a 60 month payment option that will be billed monthly with utility bills. If no action is taken, the total unpaid cost of the sidewalk repair will be recorded as a municipal tax lien and must be paid in full at a future date . Questions on balances due or payment options may be answered through the Customer Service office at (302) 422-6616 or email email@example.com. If you have questions regarding the sidewalk blocks repaired, please contact the Engineer’s Office at (302) 422-1110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
City Ordinance Chapter 197 requires property owners to keep public sidewalks along City streets abutting their property in good repair. Sidewalks are an important component to making a neighborhood accessible and enjoyable to the public. It is important the City of Milford be a safe, walkable community, and we appreciate your effort in being part of this initiative.
The City of Milford partners with Efficiency Smart to help our residential and business customers save energy and money. From advice on products or projects to rebates and discounts on energy improvements, Efficiency Smart can help you from start to finish.
To learn more about how you or your business can begin taking advantage of these savings, visit Milford’s page on Efficiency Smart’s website at www.efficiencysmart.org/milford-delaware, or contact its customer support staff at 1-877-889-3777 or email@example.com.