WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM FRIDAY TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY
- WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 9 to 15 inches. Winds gusting as high as 50 mph.
- WHERE...Portions of central and southern New Jersey and southern Delaware.
- WHEN...From 7 PM Friday to 7 PM EST Saturday.
- IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Gusty winds could bring down tree branches.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow is expected to begin Friday evening in Delmarva and southern New Jersey, spreading northward overnight into Saturday morning. Snow may be heavy at times through mid-afternoon Saturday before diminishing Saturday evening. Strong winds may generate blowing snow and very low visibilities at times.
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
If your power goes out during a storm, click here and see if someone else has reported the outage in your area. If so, you can subscribe to updates on that case. If not, enter the appropriate information and submit the outage. You will receive updates on the progress of the return to power.
Snow Removal & Routes: Property owners are responsible for ensuring the sidewalk adjacent to their property is maintained in safe condition and free of hazards to either pedestrian or vehicular traffic. Please ensure that your sidewalks are cleared of snow as soon after snowfall stops - as possible. Snow Routes in Milford are as follows: NE and NW Front Streets (SR 14), SE Front St. (SR 36), Lakeview Ave. (SR 36) and N. and S. Walnut Streets. No parking is permitted after one hour of snowfall on these roads and the MPD will tow vehicles if necessary. Please also be mindful of parking your car on a city maintained street. If you can park in a driveway, please do so. This will expedite snow plowing throughout the city.