QUALIFICATIONS FOR RESIDENTS 65 OR MORE YEARS OF AGE FOR CITY OF MILFORD PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTION
DEADLINE – Wednesday, June 1, 2022
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that those persons who meet the following requirements should file a Property Tax Exemption Application with the City of Milford:
- Every person 65 or more years of age having an income not in excess of $15,000 per year, exclusive of social security and railroad pensions, and residing in a dwelling owned by him or her which is a part of his or her real property shall be entitled, on proper claim being made thereof, to exemption from taxation on $40,000 of assessed valuation of such real property.
- In the case of jointly owned property or property owned by husband and wife, such exemption shall be granted where the income of both does not exceed $25,500 per year, exclusive of social security and railroad pensions.
- Every claimant shall sign a statement that he or she is a resident of the City of Milford, of the age of 65 years, the owner and resident of a dwelling which is a part of the real property for which such exemption is claimed and has been a resident of that property for a period of at least one year prior to October 1st of this year.
- Such applicant shall provide proof that his or her income from all sources including capital gains, pension and annuities for the yearly period did not exceed the income described in #1, exclusive of social security and railroad pensions.
- No exemption shall be allowed except on written application, on a form prescribed by the City of Milford Customer Service, 119 South Walnut Street, Milford, Delaware 19963.
- APPLICATIONS will be based on information for the previous tax year and MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE BILLING DEPARTMENT NO LATER THAN THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 1, 2022.
- Please call 302-422-6616 for additional information.